Oh how I love a great trouser. Sounds a little crazy; but back when I was working in an office setting, wearing a power suit / outfit on the outside, had a way of making me feel powerful on the inside. Now that I’m a Stay at Home Mom and Style Blogger, I realize EVERY woman deserves a power suit, and I’ve just found the #1 Trouser for your Wardrobe whether you spend your morning battling rush hour, or school drop off.
Dress It Up or Down
Versatility is key for any woman’s wardrobe, and by that I mean pieces of clothing you can wear day or night, or better yet, day TO night! Here’s a few ideas of taking these pants both business and casual.
- I paired them here with a super flowy green button up, and my black and gold sequined heels from Aldo. I wore this outfit to the Harvey Nichols x Harpers Bazaar Spring Summer 2019 Style Event at Mall of the Emirates! It’s a tiny bit flashy for me; but I was feeling the green with the red and white stripes!
- A classic white button up, tucked in, with a pair or leather heels, either white or black would be predictable; but even a pair of metallic pointed toe flats.
- For the stylish mom’s on the go, I’d say grab a classic white T, I’m thinking V-neck, a little slouch, and a pocket for detail, paired with a fun denim jacket and fashion sneakers.
- Go for almost monochrome, and get a silk (pricey) / rayon (affordable) black blouse, tuck in and then untuck slightly for some flow, and feel free to get original with your footwear! (I love adding personality with shoes, its a fun and appropriate for any setting, to add a little flair.)
- Throw on a graphic T or traditional tank top and tie a denim / chambray button up around your waist with some fun slides! OR a longer 3/4 length sleeve blazer (Zara also has a really awesome one in their new collection that comes in Black, White and Grey, pictured below)
Why They Are #1
Finally we get to why I feel like these trousers really are holding the #1 spot for my fashion finds of Spring Summer 2019.
- Slim fit; but not skinnies. A cigarette pant creates a really long lean line. Vertical detail down the leg also lends to a tuxedo look, which lately has been worn both dressed up or down.
- Ankle length. I’m 5’4″, so for taller gals this is going to hit a bit higher than the ankle, and the opposite is true for shorter, so keep that in mind when trying on.
- Pockets. Enough said there, am I right?!
- Faux back pockets. It’s a detail that adds a more custom look, like there’s more work to the garment.
- Stretchy material. THIS is a huge reason why it these are great for everyone! Moms on the go need comfort and pants that GIVE, just as much as women who are sitting at a desk, running to different departments, and everything in between.
- This is the best part….the stetchy waistband! The front is a classic trouser closure with a zipper and a clasp; but he back is elastic! Not the bunched elastic like our grandmother’s pants; but a great band that doesn’t sit too tight / dig in and still allows your tucked in shirt to stay put.
Happy Shopping Ladies! If you DO give these trousers at try at a Zara nearest you, I’d love you to drop a comment and let me know what you think!